All About Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamins are extremely important for our bodies because of their properties and the nutrition they provide us. There are naturally occurring vitamins that our body gets from different natural sources and foods like milk, sun, fruits, etc. However, along with them one can get vitamins from artificial sources as well like medicines and syrups.
- Depression, it is one of the most common problems that many diseases and lack of vitamins bring. Vitamin D deficiency causes depression and that is why the depression patients are told to go out and walk in the sun, to spend time outdoors and absorb the early hours of the sun rays. People who spend more time inside away from the sun tend to be more depressed than the ones who spend time out in the sun.
- Schizophrenia, although it is caused by many other things, but vitamin D deficiency also enhances the problem and at times makes it worse. These patients also have a tendency of getting better if the deficiency is taken care of. Other than the sun, some of the medicines given to these patients also include vitamin D to recover the body from its shortage.
- Coronary Artery Disease, another big problem caused by vitamin D deficiency is the coronary artery disease. This is an extreme problem that makes most of the functions hard to carry out. Many people don’t realise that vitamin D deficiency not only causes problems for the bones but also for other organs and functions that include nervous system and even arteries.
- High Blood Pressure, is a struggle, no matter who has it. But do you know that one of the causes of high blood pressure is the lack of vitamin D in the body. This shortage causes the body to have an unstable blood pressure, which tends to mostly go high, in the end, causing other issues that are linked with high blood pressure.
- Muscles Aches and Weaknesses, is a major problem that most people face today because of their lifestyles and routines. In metropolitans, people are not able to go out in the sun more due to which they face, body pains, muscle cramps and lethargy that is mainly a result of weakness cause of shortage of vitamin D in the body.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, it is another problem of the bones, joints and skeletal system where the fluid in the joint leaks out and thus the friction between the bones causes pain even in slight movement. This is a very painful disease that has a huge impact on the lifestyle of the patient.
- Asthma, it also has various reasons, but vitamin D deficiency is one of the reasons of asthma. Although treatments of it do not involve sitting in the sun, but the vitamin tablets are a way of treating it. However, in order to completely avoid asthma, along with vitamin D deficiency, other reasons of it may also be noted and treated.
- Rickets, it is a popular name as many people know about this being a deficiency causes by vitamin D. Rickets is also a disease if the bones and skeletal system basically. The legs are affected in that and it causes problems in physical activity and even walking. Rickets is a serious illness and thus one must always be very conscious about their body and what it’s deficiencies might be.
- Type 1 Diabetes, most of the people don’t know how much the vitamin D deficiency can be a trouble for their bodies. Type 1 diabetes is also another problem caused by lack of vitamin D in the body. If you start having any type of problems with your health or food or anything, consulting a doctor soon is the best option. Because vitamin D deficiencies can be fatal in many aspects.
- Osteoporosis, deficiency of Vitamin D also causes Osteoporosis and thus becomes a great problem for the bones. That is why people with bone and skeletal system problems are told by the doctors to sit in the sun more.